The AORTIC Radiation Oncology SIG is currently been formed and led by Verna Vanderpuye and Surbhi Grover.
The purpose of this SIG is to create a forum to share ideas and information of radiologists in Africa.
Improving the quality of radiation therapy delivery in Africa through inter regional research and training collaboration.
Goals & Strategy:
- Bring together radiation oncologists in Africa to discuss issues & treatment options available at various sites.
- Find out what the research needs are.
- What the education target areas/needs are on the Continent.
- Improve communication between practicing radiation oncologists.
- Share treatment practices for common cases & more difficult cases.
- Establish research priorities in radiation oncology.
- Establish education priorities in radiation oncology.
- Establish a directory of radiotherapy resources including training programs and manpower.
- Identify regional centers of excellence to improve manpower training through scientific visits.
- Identify areas of international collaboration.
Chair: Verna Vanderpuye (Accra, Ghana)
Co-Chair: Surbhi Grover (Gaborone, Botswana)
Ahmed Elzawawy (Port Said, Egypt)
Hannah Simonds (Cape Town, South Africa)
Macoumba Gaye (Dakar, Senegal)
Biniyam Tefera Deressa (Gondar, Ethiopia)
Joseph Kigula-Mugambe (Kampala, Uganda)
Kirsten Hopkins (Vienna, Austria)
Maurice Mwale (Lusaka, Zambia)
Ntokozo Ndlovu (Harare, Zimbabwe)
Tajudeen Ayodeji Olisande (Nigeria)