The AORTIC Radiation Oncology SIG is currently been formed and led by Verna Vanderpuye and Surbhi Grover.
The purpose of this SIG is to create a forum to share ideas and information of radiologists in Africa.
Improving the quality of radiation therapy delivery in Africa through inter regional research and training collaboration.
Goals & Strategy:
- Bring together radiation oncologists in Africa to discuss issues & treatment options available at various sites.
- Find out what the research needs are.
- What the education target areas/needs are on the Continent.
- Improve communication between practicing radiation oncologists.
- Share treatment practices for common cases & more difficult cases.
- Establish research priorities in radiation oncology.
- Establish education priorities in radiation oncology.
- Establish a directory of radiotherapy resources including training programs and manpower.
- Identify regional centers of excellence to improve manpower training through scientific visits.
- Identify areas of international collaboration.